On 03/24/17 20:57, Vlad Khorsun wrote:
> 24.03.2017 19:39, Alex Peshkoff wrote:

>   >>
>>>      I already show that info from standard but can't make same conclusion.
>>> I see it as not specified.
>> Well, it's also not specified that rand() output should not be placed
>> into a column for which default value was changed :-)
>     I consider standard as document which we should read curefully and follow
> strictly. Such documents should be created in a such way to not allow
> ambiguity
> and describe every possible and not possible conditions. Unfortunately, this
> is
> not always true.

Yes, it's written by people. When we look at our favorite p.11.11 it's
clear that action for different types of columns is expressed
differently. I agree that 'update statement is executed ....' and 'every
value in column is the default value' are different, thay may mean same
or may not. Regarding correct treatment of them it's better to trust our
native english-speaking people - minor language differences may be
important here.