03.01.2018 08:57, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:

I'd like to avoid completely parsing the SQL statement for that,
mainly so that the SQL statement is not modified by the LibreOffice
SQL parser (and in particular quoting keywords it doesn't know as
identifiers). So I'm hoping to simply go through the string, keep
track of single and double quotes, and replace any word (outside of
quotes) that starts with ':' by '?'.

You will need to track comments (both block and single-line) as well.