26.06.2019 8:46, Simonov Denis via Firebird-devel wrote:
the DECFLOAT type is defined in the SQL:2016 standard as a separate type, so you don’t need to remove anything. We are talking only about the implementation of NUMERIC (19+, x) and DECIMAL (19+, x)

Ok. What's wrong with these types mapping to DECFLOAT? I understand that arithmetic with it is slower than BIGINT but is it critical? I don't think that somebody perform time-critical intensive calculations in SQL. From my POV it has no sense.

--
  WBR, SD.