> Sooner of all that means that there is UTF8 character which can not be
> represebted by ANSI codepage on the server.

Why it would be converted to ANSI on server? I live(d) years under the
impression that the isc_dpb_utf8_filename (and SPB) tells server to use UTF8
for everything.

That would explain it and could move to next issue. ;)

> Or may be incorrect bytes in filename? UTF8 208, 152 is cyrillic letter,
> and I hardly expect cyrillic codepage on your host.

Correct, it's not. But the filesystem can handle it just fine and i.e. notepad
opens the file without any problem. Hence I was expecting the same from
Firebird server (and the UTF8 DPB/SPB flag).

--
Mgr. Jiří Činčura
https://www.tabsoverspaces.com/