On 06.08.2019 12:26, Jiří Činčura wrote:
Sooner of all that means that there is UTF8 character which can not be
represebted by ANSI codepage on the server.
Why it would be converted to ANSI on server? I live(d) years under the
impression that the isc_dpb_utf8_filename (and SPB) tells server to use UTF8
for everything.

If it's windows server it can't use UTF8 in system calls - only (as far as I know that OS) unicode and ANSI. (Typical installation of linux will use UTF8 everywhere.)

Why are filenames on windows converted to ANSI, not Unicode? Do not know...

That would explain it and could move to next issue. ;)

Or may be incorrect bytes in filename? UTF8 208, 152 is cyrillic letter,
and I hardly expect cyrillic codepage on your host.
Correct, it's not. But the filesystem can handle it just fine and i.e. notepad
opens the file without any problem. Hence I was expecting the same from
Firebird server (and the UTF8 DPB/SPB flag).

I see 2 reasons for your last words - you do not catch difference between UTF8 and Unicode, or I completely misunderstand what do you want to say here...