On 06/03/2020 09:43, Mark Rotteveel wrote:
But that explanation primarily seems to boil down to that Adriano didn't like it and that you didn't want to discuss it any further.

In any case, we seem to have a stalemate here, so I guess there is not much point in continuing to argue. I'll grudgingly implement support in Jaybird by handling it identical to a normal TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE, just in case someone configures a bind to EXTENDED TIME(STAMP) WITH TIME ZONE.

Or simply disable access to any of this already faulty TIME ZONE stuff. Until it supports second accuracy as provided by the TZ database it is already broken ... At least the documentation should point out the limitations of the crude shortcut that as been adopted ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL