On 2020-03-09 16:12, Adriano dos Santos Fernandes wrote:
On 08/03/2020 06:24, Mark Rotteveel wrote:

Please enlighten me in what way will I have "misunderstood the thing
completely", and will "Jaybird users [..] have a very wrong behavior
forever"?

That I talked in almost every message here in this list about the topic.

If you (driver and applications developers) want to support only half
thinked scenarios like happens every time in Brazil, where cellphone
operators for example incorrectly changes mobile phones times more than
once every year, making people lost or go to their commitments one hour
earlier, then you can implement wrong handling. This of course does not
happens only due to bad implementations, but also to not updated time
zones databases, but for sure simple implementations also make these bugs.

If you as a good developer thinks that the above things are bugs made by
bad developers and that the time zone system exists in a way that such
things should never occur, then you implement and support named zones
correctly.

This vague anecdote doesn't really answer my question.