27.05.2020 23:04, Mark Rotteveel wrote:
On 27-05-2020 18:16, Vlad Khorsun wrote:
27.05.2020 17:11, Mark Rotteveel wrote:
On 2020-05-27 13:35, Vlad Khorsun wrote:
27.05.2020 14:29, Dimitry Sibiryakov wrote:
27.05.2020 13:26, Vlad Khorsun wrote:
   In my opinion, the message should be more informative for end user,
show waht to do to fix error and refers to the documentation only in
order to get a full explanation.

   May be it would be better if the engine finish initialization instead of
throwing the error?..

  Engine can't add SYSDBA with known to user (DBA) password.
Engine knows nothing about user manager providers.

As far as I'm aware the error occurs when trying to use the SRP plugin while the SRP plugin tables haven't been created in the security database. Creating **any** SRP user is sufficient for this error to go away, so you don't need SYSDBA, so it should be possible for this initialization to happen without creating a user (and thus without creating SYSDBA).

   I don't think creating random user just to create plugin tables is good idea.

I wasn't suggesting to create a random plugin, I was just indicating that the problem itself has nothing to do with existence or non-existence of the SYSDBA user.

  There are two problems - no SPR tables and no SRP users. Indeed,
first one could be solved by SRP plugin itself on first use.

I see no problem to create empty tables on first usage of SRP plugin, btw.

  Oh, I already said it ;)

But how it will solve problem of missing SYSDBA ?

Is that in fact a problem? As far as I know it isn't.

  There must be some user account, at least.

How it will solve issue of end user who can't login ?

Then they will get the normal 'Your user name and password are not defined. Ask your database administrator to set up a Firebird login.' error, instead of this confusing error.

  It is discussed in this thread and I see no success there.

How it will make user know that he must create some account that allowed to
create
another user accounts ?

See previous.

  "no users at all, use embedded connection to create one", and
"wrong user name\pwd" is very different cases, I think. Therefore
I not fully agree with you. But I will not object if Alex agrees
with this "solution" and no better ways will be proposed.

Regards,
Vlad