Hi,

Dne 11. 06. 20 v 19:00 Dimitry Sibiryakov napsal(a):
> 11.06.2020 18:56, Pavel Cisar wrote:
>> It would be a little bit unfortunate if we will end with 50+ method
>> iUtil interface in FB 6, thought.
>
>    I hope that before that time someone come with "very new API" that
> will be a little better designed so this "new API" will get status
> "deprecated".

Well, that's a harsh statement :) If you have objections, you should provide a list with reasons why it's bad.

I can't judge the whole new API as I used only the client part, but what I used from it so far was ok. Certainly, there are things I miss, but those are mostly inherited from old API that were not fixed by new one.

Namely:
1. There is no way how to get precision of NUMERIC/DECIMAL data items. One has to query system tables, which is not always possible.

2. The statement prepare requires active transaction although it's not bound to one.

regards
Pavel