Adriano,

Dne 09. 07. 20 v 17:32 Adriano dos Santos Fernandes napsal(a):
I prefer to base implementations on standard + competitors + common sense.

So far from the standard pieces, Firebird follow standard.

From the extensions pieces, Firebird follow competitor who implement
same extensions, trying to be less weird than it.

I have no problem to accept that (evolution of FB engine is not my responsibility) although I have my personal reservations to such approach. Standards are important but are often questionable and are subject of change as any other thing (saw many come and go or change significantly over my life). Competitors is a hard choice as one never becomes a leader by acting as follower, and one can blindly follow into the pit. I'd always pick common sense (i.e. real needs + simplicity + least surprise) as top rated value (that often leads to most elegant "actually used" solutions that may eventually become a standard by landslide and not by committee).

For time being I'll do my best to mount round tubes on square holes.

regards
Pavel