Paul Reeves <pree...@mail.ibphoenix.com> wrote Mon, 17 Aug 2020 19:24:44 +0300:

On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 18:42:59 +0300
Vlad Khorsun <hv...@optima.com.ua> wrote:

VCL is overkill of course. We should avoid such dependencies in general
samples. Some thin wrappers\helper classes could be very good to have as
part of Pascal API.

Obviously the 'Visual' part of the VCL is overkill. :-)

Actually I should have written RTL. But your comment made me think more
clearly. Thanks.

Paul

Yes, it would be nice to have some wrappers to simplify programming. Using VCL is certainly redundant, but RTL is possible. For example, character data from char/varchar is not so easy to convert to delphi strings, given the character sets. It is desirable that the examples can be compiled in both FPC and Delpli.

--
Simonov Denis