On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 14:07:25 -0300
Adriano dos Santos Fernandes <adrian...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd say its correct place would be a new project under the FirebirdSQL
> organization.

I agree and disagree. Yes - if we create what essentially would be a driver
written in object pascal. That should certainly be in a separate project.

But for now all I want to do is just create object pascal based copies of the
c++ examples. They belong in the kits with the other examples.

I'm certainly not interested in creating a driver - at least, not at this
stage. My interest at the moment is in improving the examples that we ship in
the kits.

> There is no Java, .Net, etc in core, so should not be Pascal examples
> there, specially, as you have figured out, the API is not easy to be
> directly used by application developers.

I'm not sure that this logic is sound. Personally I'd like to see java
and .Net examples distributed. And any others languages that can connect to
Firebird. Why not, for example, have 03.select.java that demonstrates the
minimum required to do a select in java AND produces identical results
to 03.select.cpp?

Paul
--

Paul Reeves