A bug was reported today against Jaybird (http://tracker.firebirdsql.org/browse/JDBC-635), that certain Srp users cannot authenticate against Firebird 3 when using Jaybird. The issue is not reproducible with fbclient.

This obviously means that there is something wrong in Jaybird's SRP implementation, but so far I have no clue as to what.

The reported problem occurs with the user name DAVIDS (and one other username that wasn't provided). I can report the problem locally with this username.

Any ideas, or tips how to debug this?

Mark Rotteveel