On 09-05-2021 17:58, Roman Simakov wrote:
вс, 9 мая 2021 г. в 18:46, Dmitry Yemanov <firebi...@yandex.ru>:

What is the point in dropping, if AFAIU the legacy (lacking sql
security) mode is actually the same as "definer"?

I guess this was the reason not to implement it. But objects inherit
SQL SECURITY from the database and it might be useful to drop sql
security in order to use database default.

Does that mean that the ALTER DATABASE SET DEFAULT SQL SECURITY <type> influences all objects without an explicit SQL SECURITY property?

I had assumed it would specify the default for creating a new object (similar as SET DEFAULT CHARACTER SET). Can you confirm that assumption was wrong?

Mark Rotteveel