On 12/16/21 11:51, Jiří Činčura wrote:
What should be in p_batch_create.p_batch_pb? Is this some new format or
something like DPB?

Exactly like DPB v.2 (i.e. 32-bit clumplet lengths).
And what should - logically - be inside? Or maybe more broadly, is there some high level
description of the batching? I'm failing to find something, except batch interface
description in Using_OO_API.html, but that's about API, not about the
"protocol".

Sooner of all there is no other description except interface description in Using_OO_API. What about particular parameters block - here protocol is very simple, it's as always sent 'as is' (remember, we store data in all parameters block in network form). Sending data over the wire does not differ from other places - it's a stream of messages, no difference with other places where messages are sent. A more complicated thing is blob transfer because blobs are also always sent in a stream but we must take into an account that actual data may be segmented and swap bytes in segment length when needed. Afraid there is - as always :( - no protocol description except source code. Key ops are op_batch_msg, op_batch_blob_stream & also op_batch_cs (retuning batch execution state to client).