>> Is that the msgLen in BlrFromMessage::buildBlr? Looking at the code then the
>> length for SQL_LONG should be 6 (4 + 2), isn't it?
>>

> Yes.
> When you will send >1 message - pay attention that there is also
> alignedMessageLength, which is 8 in this case.

For now I'm just trying to send one message. Baby steps.

But still no success. Can you maybe build Firebird with truck-load (and I mean
borderline masochistic amount) of logging around the batching, so I can see at
what point was something not as expected?

This is, high level (low level in parentheses), what I'm sending now. This is
not resulting in error, but server is not responding to this operation, so
something is missing.

op_batch_create (0,0,0,99)
p_batch_statement (0,0,0,2)
p_batch_blr buffer length (0,0,0,12)
p_batch_blr - 1x SQL_LONG (5,2,4,0,2,0,8,0,7,0,255,76)
  - let's assume the BLR correct, because the same code is used in other parts,
like in op_fetch and it works
p_batch_msglen (0,0,0,6)
p_batch_pb buffer length (0,0,0,1)
p_batch_pb - empty PB VERSION1 (1)
padding (0,0,0)

In fact, I'm not creating a new code, just using other parts and putting in the
parameters. So something is lost in my understanding from reading the server
code.

--
Mgr. Jiří Činčura
https://www.tabsoverspaces.com/