> the core developers don't document the actual protocol, because reverse
> engineering from the code and by using things like WireShark is
> extremely painful, confusing and error prone. With the batch API it's
> even worse IMHO, because even the usage examples seem to be incomplete,
> and too basic/simple and glosses over things.

I'll add one pain point. Companies/people/developers are using Firebird and
expect to have new features available (in .NET in my case) in timely manner.
But when I need to keep fishing and trying options here and there the progress
is slow and everybody is unhappy (and even looking for other options).

--
Mgr. Jiří Činčura
https://www.tabsoverspaces.com/