On 2/2/22 15:46, Adriano dos Santos Fernandes wrote:
On 02/02/2022 09:21, Horváth V. wrote:
Hello list!

I have the intention of packaging FirebirdSQL 3.x for the Conan
cross-platform package manager, so that I can start working on migrating
PHP to being a CMake and Conan managed project. Details about that here:
https://github.com/conan-io/conan-center-index/issues/8618

I was redirected to this mailing list regarding questions about
FirebirdSQL:
https://github.com/asfernandes/cloop/issues/8#issuecomment-1027859114

So, the thing I'm curious about is: What are the normal (runtime)
requirements of FirebirdSQL? It turns out that cloop is used for
developer workflows only and it's a build requirement, which I assume to
be true also for btyacc

yes - both not needed for runtime

, both of which I already have pending PRs for in
Conan Center Index (Conan's default repository).

https://www.firebirdsql.org/en/building-the-code/ and the linked pages
don't seem to have a list of categorized dependencies that would tell me
what exactly I need to just build and distribute FirebirdSQL.

It depends you are talking about client library only or also server and
command line tools.

I guess you are talking about client library only, so it must be zlib.

zlib is not absolutely required in runtime for fb3. It's needed to support data compression over the wire, which is controlled by client settings and in 99% of usage cases not needed.

If not mention absolutely standard thing like C/C++ libraries with threading (and may be atomic - depends on used compiler version) support there is tommath library, which may be present or missing in FB binary package depeding upon ./configure parameters - no idea what does cmake do for it. When used with package manager tommath is definitely external dependency.

If embedded access is needed (embedded means engine is running inside calling process) that list will certainly grow.