On 9/15/22 17:07, Dimitry Sibiryakov wrote:
Alex Peshkoff via Firebird-devel wrote 15.09.2022 12:04:
With tommath there are no such issues...

  Why don't force build with static libs?

In what way it's better than own dynamic libraries?

  Surely no problem with API/ABI.

Therefore we link some problematic libraries statically.

  No mess and vulnerability with dynamic library search path.

I see no mess with it but it depends on POV

  No multiplying of points above with every third-party plugin.

May be - never used to deal with third-party plugins myself.

On the other hand tomcrypt is successfully used in our sample plugin - which is problematic with static linking. For me that appears more interesting and useful.
Not to say about code duplication.