On 9/15/22 04:52, Adriano dos Santos Fernandes wrote:
On 05/09/2022 08:13, Mark Rotteveel wrote:
On 05-09-2022 13:00, Alex Peshkoff via Firebird-devel wrote:
When adding it I cared about an ability to fix secirtiy issues in
3d-party libraries not rebuilding and reinstalling FB packages. With
used schema one can simply install fixed system package for tommath in
a case of some issues in it. None were found - but that was when
tommath was at pre-release stage.
I find these inconsistencies quite confusing, but lets leave it at that.

Also, it's different in the sense that official package builds and
package tomcrypt, but not tommath.

We did discuss sometimes ago why for universal binary package we have to use built-in tomcrypt. Data structures, passed In it's API, depend upon compilation flags. It's pretty easy to get an error in API call or even segfault due to it. Myself lost a lot of time when started to work with it and did not have correct defines when included tomcrypt.h. (At least it was so 5 years ago - may be fixed in fresh versions?)
With tommath there are no such issues...

Should this be changed and be consistent in FB 5, i.e., build and
package both?

May be it's really simplest solution... Let's first check stability of current tomcrypt API - may be it's OK now and we may do not package both libraries.

BTW, we always recommended to those who need embedded-only access full
install (classic) and server stop.
Embedded (just built, not installed) works very ok for me.

What should be the problem?

Lock directory access only?

Yes, group firebird should be created.
In a case when single-user access is needed - everything works fine w/o it.