On 11-05-2020 14:44, Paul Vinkenoog wrote:
Mark Rotteveel wrote:

However the rendering of this table is very similar in the old and new
PDF docs, while in the new HTML it has striping, which it doesn't have
in the old HTML.

Striping is evil, because it suggests that odd rows are of a different
nature than even rows, which of course they are not. It's also totally
unnecessary, because rows are separated by lines.

Striping makes tables 'noisy' and less readable. IMO we should do
away with it.

It can be disabled. Personally, in real tables (as in, showing data), I prefer striping over borders, as long as the striping is subtle. In my opinion it enhances readability.

Mark
--
Mark Rotteveel