Mark Rotteveel wrote:

> > - Some of the fonts are not very pleasant to the eye (at least my eye); they
> > look horizontally compressed.

> I made some minor tweaks:
> https://www.lawinegevaar.nl/fbdocs/pdf/en/experiment/fblangref25/fblangref25.pdf
>
> Specifically I changed:
> - admonition captions/titles are now bold instead of italic
> - text on title page is now centered

Both look better now IMO.

> With regard to the code font, I didn't want to spend too much time
> experimenting with that now. As to the size of fonts being too big in
> examples sections, that is due to the use of blockquotes, so it should
> disappear once I have removed them, and otherwise we can tweak the size
> further later.

Agreed.

I'm still having a problem with:

>> - Some of the fonts are not very pleasant to the eye (at least my eye); they
>> look horizontally compressed.

It's the NotoSerif font. It's on the narrow side and (in my Adobe Acrobat
Reader)
also looks a bit unsharp.

But if I'm the only one complaining about this, let's not waste any more time
and just keep it. (I can always bring it up later if I find a better
alternative).

Cheers,
Paul