>>> What is version 10 ? Maby Version_1, Version_2, ets... ?
>> It's the version of FB Protocol. AFAIK.
>
> It's impossible. Newest Interbase server has version 8 and protocol
> didn't change in each version, so protocol version can't be greater than
>   server version. So i think that "version 10" sounds very strange.
>
> I think old protocol has version 1, because FB (not IB) didn't have any
> other protocols before. Now it has new protocol and it's a second version...

No, that is one byte that is being communicated while establishing the
connection. IB 5.x had wire protocol version 9, IB 6.x, FB 1.x, FB 2.0,
IB 7.x (and very likely IB 2007) have protocol version 10. FB 2.1
supports protocol versions 10 and 11.

Client talking wire protocol 10 is not able to talk to server supporting
protocol version 9 and vice versa. Same applies to protocol version 11 -
if you try to send this version to FB 2.0 you will get an error in response.

Roman