> I agree with you, but in software everythink has a solution.
> Solution for this could be like firebird versions.
>
> For FB Version 2.X we could have FB .Net provider 2.X.Y where Y is udate
> version for X release of FB 2 server.

In my opinion a solution would be an installation package Firebird Base
2.x consisting of

FB server build 12345
Jaybird driver build 2345
.Net Provider build 3456
PHP, and so on

Whether the components of the package get the same version numbers,
whether the package should be released by the Firebird Project or by
some other company with value-added components (books, documentation,
etc) - it is not yet clear.

The issue you have raised is very important and it is on of the many
topics we are going to discuss in the Firebird Foundation. So, if you're
not yet its member, please join.

Roman