Hello Gang,

I am a bit puzzled about a problem which came quite unexpected to me.
It seems that I cannot get our Euro-sign (ALT+0128) through to the
client GUI via the .net Provider.

Database standard for character type fields is ISO8859_1,
Database-fields are ISO8859_1,
Charset of Connection is ISO8859_1

All is well when querying the database with Delphi-components, or via
ODBC to old dBase applications, or via ODBC to C#-programs.

Isn't ISO8859_1 the correct charset for also transmitting Euro-signs?
And if it is not, why does it nevertheless work with other components?
Anf if it is not, which _IS_ a good charset for this?

Thanks in advance

--
Mit freundlichen Grüssen,

André Knappstein, EDV und Controlling
Verwaltungs- und Erlebniszentrum Marina Rünthe
beta Eigenheim GmbH
Hafenweg 4
59192 Bergkamen-Rünthe

Durchwahl: +49 2389 9240 140