Hello:

> Microsoft Visual C# codename Orcas Version 9.0 Beta 1

Correct me if i'm wrong but Orcas didn't use the .NET Framework 2.0 right ??

Could you try to build the provider using Orcas ?? and retry ??

> string connStr;
> connStr = "User=SYSDBA;" +
> "Password=masterkey;" +
> "Database=C:/Photography/Software/rak-photography/rak-photography/rak-photograph\y.fdb;"+
> "ServerType=1";
> FbConnection conn = new FbConnection(connStr);
> conn.Open();

Looks fine.

> the error:
> System.DllNotFoundException was unhandled
> Message="Unable to load DLL 'fbembed': The specified module could
> not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)"
> Source="FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient"

The fbembed.dll should be in the .net search path if not it will be not
found ( the exception you are getting )

You ca try using v2.1 that has a new connection string parameter
ClientLibrary to give the client library ( dll ) you want to use.