At 04:42 AM 21/07/2007, bob k. wrote:
>i ran dependency walker (terrific piece of software), and corrected all the
>descrepencies except one.  i don't have dwmapi.dll on my system. should this
>have come with the firebird install?

Definitely not.  dwmapi.dll is a Vista-only library - it is the
desktop window manager API and is not a redistributable.  Something
in your dependency chain is wrongly making a load-time link to it.  A
not-very-exhaustive Google search reveals that it's a
commonly-reported bug on systems that have IE7 installed.  When they
uninstall IE7 the problem goes away...

Helen