Hello:

> It's not a big change and it's only useful in certain circumstances, but it
> *is* a better solution.

this is what the provider is doing right now ( i have checked it from
v2.5, but i think v2.0+ should be doing the same thing ):

         private IPAddress GetIPAddress(string dataSource, AddressFamily
addressFamily)
         {
             try
             {
                 IPAddress[] addresses =
Dns.GetHostEntry(dataSource).AddressList;

                 // Try to avoid problems with IPV6 addresses
                 foreach (IPAddress address in addresses)
                 {
                     if (address.AddressFamily == addressFamily)
                     {
                         return address;
                     }
                 }

                 return addresses[0];
             }
             catch (Exception ex)
             {
                 // If it's not possible to get the list of IP adress
associated to
                 // the Data Source we try to check if Data Source is
already an IP Address
                 // and return it
                 try
                 {
                     return IPAddress.Parse(dataSource);
                 }
                 catch
                 {
                     // In this case we want to rethrow the first exception
                     throw ex;
                 }
             }
         }

And the method is being called as:

IPAddress   hostadd     = this.GetIPAddress(this.dataSource,
AddressFamily.InterNetwork);

--
Best regards

Carlos Guzmán Álvarez