> The change is, that you're first doing stuff with DNS and else the IP
> direct. Maybe trying first IP (we can expect, that if somebody
> provides IP, (s)he's know it and knows what's doing), so we needn't to
> check anything else. The possible error in fact will occur during
> connection anyway.

That's correct. Also, just to beat this dead horse a little more, here's the
result of my test program on one of our servers that has two network cards:

C:\temp> test 10.1.0.135
Testing: 10.1.0.135
Hostname: gbasmsa1-nelson.dload.live
Address: 10.1.0.135
Address: 10.0.1.135

C:\temp> test 10.0.1.135
Testing: 10.0.1.135
Hostname: gbasmsa1-nelson.dload.live
Address: 10.1.0.135
Address: 10.0.1.135

Notice that in this case it returns the addresses in the same order,
regardless of what IP I originally pass to Dns.GetHostEntry. From my
testing, this only seems to occur when you enter an IP that resolves to the
local host -- if I run the program from a different host, I only get the one
result back.

It may be a problem with our DNS set up, or something else, but that's
clearly not what you would "expect"!

I've added it to JIRA, but it's up to you guys what you want to do with it
anyway :-)

Dean.