giorgi giorgi wrote:
> 2. Yes, there are ascending indexes.

Is it three separate indexes, or is it one index for all of them? The
problem is your SQL statement, it's not the data provider.

You can use the SET PLAN (or SET PLANONLY) commands in isql to work out
which indexes (if any) the optimizer is choosing to use for your command.

So my follow-up questions would be: What indexes are actually on the
table? What does the output after using SET PLANONLY say?

The things the other guys mentioned (creating one FbCommand and
executing it multiple times rather than creating one FbCommand per
execution) will help, but I think the bigger problem is in your
database, not in your code.

Dean.