Dear Firebird gurus,
I need your help!
I'm a C# developer and I'm experencing some troubles when retrieving
data from a Firebird 2.0 server.

When I get data (text) from VarChar fields or Blob type 0 fields, I
always receive the char '?' instead of 'à', 'é', 'ì', 'ò' or 'ù' and I
really cannot understand why.
The data are correctly stored in the DB because when I use FlameRobin
0.8.6 to read data, those strings are read correctly.

I use the Firebird .NET Data Provider Version 2.1.0 for .NET 2.0 inside
Visual Studio 2008 good installed and working.

Maybe it is a problem of character encoding... I tried to understand
this aspect but made no step ahead.
What I know is that the original DB has ASCII charset (FlameRobin
rules!), and in the connection string inside VB2008 the charset called
is ASCII too.

Could you please give me a tip to solve my problem?
Or redirect me to someone knowing how...

Thx in advance.
Luca D
Italy