So... another update from my side...

I have stoped the firebirdserver services, closed my visual studios and I
uninstalled DDEX, and no processs was running that was related to any firebird
product (no manager, no server, no visual studio or whats so ever), but I still
couldnt uninstall the assembly from the GAC.

Then, I have deleted the FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient with version 3.0.2.0
from the registry under
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Assemblies\Global

After this was gone I could successfully run the command gacutil -u
FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient, and according to the command gacutil -l
FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient no more were registered in GAC.

Now I registered the EF6 Provider into the GAC, and gacutil -l
FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient listed the version correctly as 3.2.0.0.

Than I reinstalled the DDEX.

Opened my visual studio.

Opened my EDMX file and it got displayed, but running the application still
results to the error saying:
An exception of type 'System.InvalidOperationException' occurred in
System.Data.dll but was not handled in user code
Additional information: The requested .Net Framework Data Provider's
implementaion does not have an Instance field of a
System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactory derived type.

You propably gona say that I still have mismatch in my versions, but I am
clueless at this point where it could be.

I have redownloaded the EF6 4.5 provider and registered it into GAC with the
same result, also the dialogs to pick a database connection still doesnt hold
the Firebird client. My current machine.config has the following entries:
<DbProviderFactories>
      <add name="Microsoft SQL Server Compact Data Provider"
invariant="System.Data.SqlServerCe.3.5" description=".NET Framework Data
Provider for Microsoft SQL Server Compact"
type="System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeProviderFactory, System.Data.SqlServerCe,
Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91"/>
      <add name="dotConnect Universal" invariant="Devart.Data.Universal"
description="Devart dotConnect Universal"
type="Devart.Data.Universal.UniProviderFactory, Devart.Data.Universal,
Version=3.40.440.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=09af7300eec23701"/>
      <add name="Microsoft SQL Server Compact Data Provider 4.0"
invariant="System.Data.SqlServerCe.4.0" description=".NET Framework Data
Provider for Microsoft SQL Server Compact"
type="System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeProviderFactory, System.Data.SqlServerCe,
Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91"/>
      <add name="FirebirdClient Data Provider"
invariant="FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient" description=".NET Framework Data
Provider for Firebird"
type="FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbProviderServices,
FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient, Version=3.2.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=3750abcc3150b00c"/>
    </DbProviderFactories>
Would be glad if you could help me further on.
(just want to mention it once more, if you think its easier to help me with a
teamviewser session I am more than glad to give you access to my pc)