At 01:54 PM 11/08/2011, you wrote:
>Thanks for the answer, putting it in a new folder under $HOME works, as long
>as I set the permissions correctly (as I have done before, but in my
>"Documents" folder under $HOME).
>
>Now to add to the plot, I tried the SuperServer version, and under Snow
>Leopard everything runs fine (including fdbs under the "Documents" folder),
>but in Lion I get "INET connect error: errorno = 61" (something near that).
>
>Trying to start the server manually doesn't work. It always gives me this
>error, and then I did not manage to connect to the server.
>
>Now, is that something that was included in Lion? Seems the server is not
>initializing, or is not able to make connections to the client.

Server doesn't connect to clients: clients connect to server.

Superserver on POSIX platforms does not have a "serverless" connection option.
You need the full network path of hostname:/path/to/database_file or, better,
hostname:alias. (Put /path/to/database_file in aliases.conf.)
Also make sure that your firewall is allowing traffic through port 3050 and
that your database is on a partition that is physically attached to the host
machine.

./hb