Of course, clientes connect to the server. My mistake on the wording, sorry.

The firewall isn't enabled: it's a development machine, and SuperServer worked
flawlessly in Snow Leopard, with Firebird 2.1.4.

I'm using flamerobin to connect to the database. AFAIK, it always uses the full
connection string. Also, I'm using aliases (and have used before). Using it in
a java application I'm working on (with Jaybird), where I know the full
"servername:dbname" is being used also gives me the same error.

If I try to run "/Library/StartupItems/Firebird/Firebird start", as suggested
in another thread, it also posts the same error on the log.

The message error is "INET/inet_error: connect errno = 61" (copied from
firebird.log).

With the ClassicServer I am able to work without problems, now that I learned
to set the file and directory permissions correctly.

Thanks a lot,

Guilherme