Hi,

I am a SQL Server and MySQL developer. I am aware of Firebird but never got
opportunity to work with it. I want to use Firebird in one of my upcoming
project replacing MySQL. While reading the documentation of Firebird, I learned
that it supports single as well as multiple database files option. I have few
queries in this regard:

 1. Which is the recommended data file structure: `Single file` or `Multiple
files`?

 2. What is the table and data file max-size for version 2.5?

 3. What are the common scenarios of a Firebird data file getting corrupt? In
case of a single-file structure, I guess no other files need to be backed up?

Regards,
Rohit.