Hi Rohit,

> I am a SQL Server and MySQL developer. ]

'welcome!

>  1. Which is the recommended data file structure: `Single file` or
> `Multiple files`?

Single file.  The multiple file structure was invented when databases were
bigger than disks.   Even the multiple-file configuration mixes tables,
indexes, metadata, and structural data within the file.

>  2. What is the table and data file max-size for version 2.5?

I think it's 32K * the page size.  Huge.

>  3. What are the common scenarios of a Firebird data file getting corrupt?
> In case of a single-file structure, I guess no other files need to be backed
> up

Fortunately, there are no common scenarios of a Firebird database getting
corrupt.  It can happen if there are memory or disk errors, and the
occasional bug. The last one that happened with regularity could be fixed by
rebuilding an index.  Norman has already provided lots of  pointers to
documentation on various backup options.

Other files that you need to backup include any UDF libraries you use or
create, the configuration file, and the security database.

Good luck,

Ann