Steve,
  Thanks for the response.  We are running Windows.  I'm not sure how much
information about the fb_inet_server processes I can gather -- other than how
long they've been running.  Not sure how to get the IP address of the
connecting client.  I'm going to just start killing the oldest fb_inet_server
processes, but I don't know how I can distinguish the listener process.   If I
kill that one by mistake, I guess I'll have to reboot the whole server because
I don't know how to restart just the listener.

   Is there a way to identify the listener process?
            vince