--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, philippe makowski <makowski@...> wrote:

> ddeham  [2012-01-06 00:09] :
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to setup a GoPDM server on a Buffalo Linkstation HD-H250LAN
> > running FreeLink Linux (Debian 4.0, etch). Specifically, it's
> > freelink_mipsel-hdhlan-060810 downloaded from here:
> > http://buffalo.nas-central.org/wiki/FreeLink
> if it is Debian, then use Debian repository
> but Debian 4 is too old I guess
>
> I don't think that you can build Firebird 2.5 on this old Debian

I see that in 5.0 there is one firebird package for mips but not in 4.0
http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=firebird
Maybe you can try to download the mips files for 5.0 and then try to install
them with dpkg

To compile i would start with 2.1 http://www.firebirdnews.org/?p=1325

Another way is upgrade to debian stable , I don't know if it works on that
device , could you ask on their support