Top posting is when your reply is above the quoted message you are
replying to. This message from me uses top posting. In your message in
response to Thomas, which is quoted below, you used bottom posting.
Bottom posting is strongly preferred by many people because it is more
organized to add your reply tot he bottom of a chronological list of
messages.