> In one of your mails you wrote you use a transaction pool. I personally do
> not understand the use of that, since transactions with Firebird should be
> as short as possible. If you keep transactions open for a long time,
> performance can degrade over time with increasing users and load because of
> versioning in the database.

Good advice, though if the transaction is read only and read committed (which
doesn't block garbage collection), transaction pooling might be useful (I've
never checked).

Transactions that do some writing or need a consistent view of the database,
however, need frequent commit and the performance would probably suffer if
transaction pooling were used.

Set