Hello, Rick!

>> you forgot -v option. Without it you can't see where error happened

RD> What I posted was what we were greeted with in the logs this morning.
RD> The backup/restore that should complete around 3:30 PM EDT contains the
RD> verbose flag.

well, I'm a bit afraid about your database. Since you are speaking
of "another" backup/restore process, and you are using -r option,
are you sure you are not killing existing database with the
problematic backup?

And, as you see, it's better always to use -v option, because
if you don't use it, you need to run restore (or backup) process AGAIN to
understand where error happened.
Unless you have database that restores from backup in a few minutes...

--
Dmitry Kuzmenko, www.ib-aid.com