Em 6/9/2012 17:54, Aage Johansen escreveu:
> Vishal wrote:
> <<
> Here, my doubt is Using Delphi 5 and Firebird database, is it
> possible for all the instances of this application which are
> installed at different cities could access one centralized database ?
> If yes then HOW ?
>   >>

> You need a fixed IP address for the machine which is hosting the
> database (the db server).  Your program - wherever it runs - just
> need to use a connection string with <IP address or machine
> name>:<database path and filename, or alias>, e.g.
> 123.234.123.234:D:\DB\ourdb.fdb (or possibly
> VISHAL_SERVER:LIBRARY_DB, with necessary definitions in place).
> You may have to persuade administrators to open port 3050 in
> firewalls (in- and outbound).

Besides all said by Aege, I recomend you to read this article:
http://web.firebirdsql.org/download.php?op=file&id=firebird_zebedee_eng.pdf

Even using a compressed tunnel, FB protocol is known to be slow over
high latency connections, if you could develop using a 3-tier approach
you will have a much better performance. Replication is another option,
but adds some complexity.

see you !