On 2014-01-15, at 2:02 PM, Hugo Eyng wrote:

> I am not sure if i understood your question.
>
> You want to move the "fdb" file to another computer?

That is correct.

For reasons that I do not understand, the simple method of simply copying the
FDB from one machine to another does not work. When I try to attach to that
database, it reports "file not found", which I assume is a spurious error code.

But there already is a small (example) database file on that machine that I
*can* attach to. I can also restore into it. So if I can get nbackup to work,
that provides a way to move the data over.