On 2014-01-15, at 4:29 PM, Paul Vinkenoog wrote:

> Why don't you contact the administrator of the system in question? After
> all, *someone* should know the SYSDBA password, shouldn't they?

I don't believe so. The installer process that created the DB, which comes from
Fishbowl, not Firebird, never asked for a SYSDBA password, and did not report
one.

Some of the dox suggest the Firebird installer will leave behind a file saying
what the password was randomly set to. No file of this type appears to be on my
system.