Hi.
I am facing a similar situation.
32GB RAM
Dell PowerEdge R420
Intel Xeon CPU E5-2609 two processors 2.40ghz 8 cores
RAID

Firebird 2.5.2 do not use the available resources of the server
even I try to login to the server just one user.
I am using SuperClassic

I felt a little diference by modifying parameters in firebird.conf
like DefaultDbCachePages = 2250 and some others
This increases performance in about 30% in my case
But I expected more.

As Firebird do not use available RAM I created a RAM DRIVE with 10GB and pointed parameter 'TempDirectories' (firebird.conf) to this RAM DRIVE, but FB just uses it rarely in very big 'SELECT'. OK, when FB uses the RAM DRIVE it increases a SELECT speed in more than 80%. I expected FB could use this for every SELECTS and so improve the application.

Hugo Eyng