How you solved your problem?

De: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:firebird-support@yahoogroups.com] Em nome de Hugo Eyng
Enviada em: terça-feira, 21 de janeiro de 2014 10:24
Para: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Assunto: Re: [firebird-support] Very very very slow FB 2.5.2 64bit
performance on Windows 2008 R2

Hi Helen.

Thanks for your answer.

You are right.

But the "Windows 64 file cache performance"  was a problem, as said Sean.

Só 'reserving' 10GB as a RAM DRIVE grant that I would have always available
RAM.

But now I solved the 'cache performance' and I will not need RAM DRIVE
anymore.

Even so, the FB performance is not compatible to the hardware used to run
it.

Em 20/01/2014 23:12, Helen Borrie escreveu:

At 02:01 p.m. 21/01/2014, Hugo Eyng wrote:

>As Firebird do not use available RAM I created a RAM DRIVE with 10GB and
pointed parameter 'TempDirectories' (firebird.conf) to this RAM DRIVE, but
FB just uses it rarely in very big 'SELECT'. OK, when FB uses the RAM DRIVE
it increases a SELECT speed in more than 80%. I expected FB could use this
for every SELECTS and so improve the application.

Fb uses RAM directly for sorts, if enough is available. It only takes the
sort sets to disk if available RAM is insufficient.

Helen Borrie, Support Consultant, IBPhoenix (Pacific)
Author of "The Firebird Book" and "The Firebird Book Second Edition"
http://www.firebird-books.net

Atenciosamente,

Hugo Eyng