Em 4/4/2014 09:31, fabianoas...@gmail.com escreveu:

I agree with Tim. Whe dont uwe views too becase this speed problem.

Em 04/04/2014 08:51, "Tim Ward" <t...@telensa.com <mailto:t...@telensa.com>> escreveu:

    We generate the queries on the fly rather than trying to use a
    view, precisely because of these problems.

    So if CityName is not required in the output, there's no JOIN to City.

    And if there's something in the WHERE clause such as "HobbyCode >
    27" then we know that HobbyID can't be null, which means we can
    use a JOIN instead of a LEFT JOIN, and quite often that results in
    a better plan.

    But yes, it does involve hundreds of lines of quite complex code
    to analyse what information is required in a particular case and
    generate the appropriate query, and in many cases the query
    optimiser could, theoretically, have worked this out for itself,
    but it doesn't.

    On 04/04/2014 12:36, kokok_ko...@yahoo.es