Probably it will by a nightmare to your programmer… good look!

De: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com [mailto:firebird-support@yahoogroups.com]
Enviada em: terça-feira, 13 de maio de 2014 11:42
Para: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Assunto: Re: [firebird-support] Cache Performance Options

That is exactly what I'm doing right now. Its the only way to keep them going.
I shut them down at lunch, run a sweep, then when they get back in, things are
much faster.

-Josh

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 8:35 AM, 'Fabiano - Desenvolvimento SCI'
fabi...@sci10.com.br [firebird-support] <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com>
wrote:

Large gap is not caused by lack of auto sweep. It is bad system design.

As you is not the system programmer, you can shut down all connections to the
database during lunch time, then you can let users enter in your system again.

After shutting down, run a manual sweep (gfix –sweep). If you see a increase in
performance, your system is bad transaction designed.