Hi  Lester

On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 6:38 PM, Lester Caine les...@lsces.co.uk
[firebird-support] <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> On 14/09/14 09:25, Mark Rotteveel m...@lawinegevaar.nl
> [firebird-support] wrote:
> >> And still both myapp.exe and IB_SQL.exe give Database unavailable
>
> > Ok, so you don't have the error with your own application (myapp.exe),
> > but with IB_SQL.exe? Is your own application running at that time? What
> > is IB_SQL.exe?
>
> IB_SQL is the IBObjects admin tool ...

Yes that's right.

> Adam - try Flamerobin http://www.flamerobin.org/ ... this is a little
> more helpful in it's error messages.

FlameRobin gave the following error message:

IBPP::SQLException
Context Database Connect
Message =: isc_attach_database failed

SQL Message: -902
can't format message 13:98 -- message file c:\WINOWS\firebird.msg not found

Engine Code  :335544721
Engine Message:
Unable to complete network request to host "localhost"
Failed to establish connection.

So yes FlameRobin provides more information but still I cannot understand
why....

> But I do wonder if you have another
> fbclient.dll that is being found first. I only ever run server
> versions, but sometimes it plays up when an older client is found.

Hmmm now this sounds interesting. I went searching for all other
fbclient.dll files and yes found some older ones for a previous project and
also in the C:|WINDOWS folder. I deleted these (the only one now left
is D:\my_app\fbclient.dll,
that is the one in myapp folder) and tried once again again.

1 - Running my app results in the following error message:

[FireDAC][Phy][IB]-314. Cannot load vendor library [fbclient.dll].
Hint: check it is in the PATH or application EXE directories, nd has x86
bitness.

2 - Running IB_SQL connects :-)

3 - FlameRobin

IBPP::SQLException
Context Database Connect
Message =: isc_attach_database failed

SQL Message: -902
Unsuccessful execution caused by  system error that precludes successful
execution of subsequent statements

Engine Code  :335544721
Engine Message:
Unable to complete network request to host "localhost:3050"
Failed to establish connection.
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

O interesting that IB_SQL connects but my app itself and FlameRobin don't.
Nevertheless it seem that we are getting further at long last Lester :-)
 The question i what next?

Adam
  • RE: [firebi... 'Alan McDonald' a...@meta.com.au [firebird-support]
    • RE: [f... Adam adam...@gmail.com [firebird-support]