Hi Mark
 thank you very much! your answer is very detailed !!!!

 so :

 >Based on your link below, you are confusing the specific problems of
>running on an active directory server with a problem with the windows
>>filesystem cache on 64 bit windows. An issue that has been addressed in
Firebird 2.5.2.

 that problem is about Firebird , and with that newer versions from 2.5.x to 3
is solved?!
 but the "solution" was made just by modifing the code of FB
 or becouse it's needed a specific configuration?

 >I have no idea what you mean with this sentence. I think you misread the
>sentence "DO NOT set up the postgres database server to also act as
>ACTIVE DIRECTORY or as a DOMAIN CONTROLLER." in your third link. It
>means don't run active directory on the same server as postgresql. The
>same advice applies to firebird or any other database server.

 ok

 >If you have no other choice,
>then at least make sure you are running on a different *physical* disk
>then the datastore of active directory (although that is still no
>guarantee for good performance).

 yes that would be my case , my small customers could not make that effort to
have 2 servers
 we are speaking of lan of 3/5 customers.

 anyway, using a different physical you know that the performance will be the
"standard ones" ?

 phisical disk cold be also a "partition" from the same HDD ?

  • ... 'liviusliv...@poczta.onet.pl' liviusliv...@poczta.onet.pl [firebird-support]
    • ... af_12...@yahoo.com [firebird-support]
      • ... Mark Rotteveel m...@lawinegevaar.nl [firebird-support]
      • ... Christian Gütter n...@guetter.org [firebird-support]